A new report just published by http://www.researchandmarkets.com indicates that the global market for microelectronic medical implants should reach over $37.6 billion in 2021 from over $24.6 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% from 2016 to 2021 (for more info about the report, see below).
In this context of rapidly growing market figures, why not attend our event on the challenges of Medical Electronics Devices Packaging (https://www.imaps.org.uk/events/medical-device-packaging-workshop/)?
Like all IMAPS-UK workshops, the programme follows a well established format of core topic talks in the morning, followed by case studies in the afternoon, to stimulate discussions.
- Morning: new technology trends.
- 8:45 Telehealth – market. (Collette Johnson, Plextek)
- 9:45 Networking break
- 10:05 Sensor technology – Lab on chip. (Stewart Smith, University of Edinburgh)
- 11:05 Networking break
- 11:25 Regulatory impact on Medical Devices Packaging. (Thomas Beale)
- 12:25 Lunch
- Afternoon: Case studies
- 13:30 Sonopil, at the cutting-edge of capsule endoscopy (Gerard Cummins, University of Edinburgh)
- 13:50 Instrumented bone repair nails for load measurements (Darren Wilson, Smith & Nephew)
- 14:10 GSK – Challenges in the emerging field of electroceuticals: (Roy Katso, GSK)
- 14:30 Networking break
- 14:50 Wearable sensor for sports science, challenges of commercialisation. (Sijung Hu, Loughborough Uni)
- 15:10 Textile electronics for health monitoring, packaging of the electronics. (Steve Beeby, Southampton Uni)
- 15:30 IMPACT: implants for hypoxia monitoring in tumour after therapy. (Alan Murray, University of Edinburgh)
- 15:50: Close
IMAPS-UK: LEARN, NETWORK, and SOURCE
More info about the Reserach and Markets report (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/publication/mubt7iq/3745715):
– An overview of the global markets and technologies for microelectronic medical implants
– An analysis of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
– Major implant types and applications, both commercial and developmental
– Global market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application and implant type
– Market drivers and constraints
– A look at industry structure, competition and market shares
– Factors that may influence the long-term market for microelectronic implants
– Profiles of major players in the industry
This report covers microelectronic devices designed to operate within the human body, including:
– Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
– Implantable loop recorders
– Ventricular assist blood pumps
– Artificial hearts
– Neurostimulator devices used to combat pain or to treat epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease and incontinence
– Spinal fusion stimulators
– Implanted drug infusion pumps
– Implanted monitoring devices
– Cochlear implants to treat the profoundly deaf
– Retinal implants being developed to treat the blind
For more information please click on:
– Abiomed Inc.
– Advanced Bionics Corp.
– Biomet Inc.
– Biophan Technologies Inc.
– Biotronik Gmbh
– Boston Scientific
– Cleveland Fes Center
– Cochlear Limited
– Cyberonics Inc.
– Envoy Medical
– Finetech Medical Ltd.
– Greatbatch Inc.
– Jarvik Heart Inc.
– Medtronic Inc.
– Neuropace Inc.
– Retina Implant AG
– St Jude Medical Inc.
– Second Sight Medical Products Inc.