MicroTech 2020 is the annual IMAPS-UK Conference which this year went online and focused on key emerging micro-electronics markets and their associated technological challenges in advanced electronics packaging.
The MicroTech 2020 Online Conference featured presentations on System in Package, 3D and wafer level assembly, advanced thermal management materials and plastic packaging for electronics and photonics.
Download the MicroTech 20 - Exhibitor Slides (2 downloads)
If you require copies of the presentations, you can download here:
Session 1 – Advanced Technology and Trends
- System in Package for 5G Application - Emilie Jolivet, Yole Developpement (6 downloads) – 5MB
- Plastic Encapsulation of Microcircuits in the UK - Matt Booker, Alter Technology UK (4 downloads) – 1MB
- Packaging of Photonic Devices - Glenn George, Bay Photonics (4 downloads) – 2MB
Session 2 – Advanced Technology Implementation
- System In Package Design implementation for IoT/5G/EV era - Iyad Rayane, Zuken (5 downloads) – 2MB
- Materials Solutions for Thermal Management in Power Electronics - Dr Zhaoxia Zhou, Loughborough University (5 downloads) – 3MB
- Nano-coated Enhancements to Microchannels - Peter George, Oxford Nanosystems (5 downloads) – 3MB
Session 3 – Manufacturing of Advanced Packaging
- Emerging Technologies for 3D Advanced Packaging - Anne Jourdain, IMEC (5 downloads) – 4MB
- Next generation Advanced Packaging using innovative laser assisted 3.5D and SB² WB assembly processes - Matthias Fettke, Pactech (4 downloads) – 1MB
- Overview Of The Latest PVD Developments for High Density FO-WLP - Chris Jones, SPTS Technologies Ltd (5 downloads) – 4MB
Session 4 – Materials and Processes
- Reliability and Failure Modes of Die Attach Adhesive Using Semi-Sintering Silver - Tony Winster, Henkel UK (5 downloads) – 1MB
- Process Advantages of Thermosonic Wedge-Wedge Bonding Using Dosed Tool Heating - Andreas Unger, Hesse Mechatronik (7 downloads) – 2MB
- Challenges in Production of Low Cost Packaging for Aerospace Applications - Andy Longford, PandA Europe (7 downloads) – 2MB
- Poster 1: Interposers for Advanced Packaging used in Flip-Chip Bonding of X-ray Detectors - Andreas Schneider, STFC (16 downloads) – 1MB
- Poster 2: Cu/Graphene Interlayers - Han Zhou, Loughborough University (7 downloads) – 0.5MB
- Poster 3: In-situ observation of thermal aging of SAC 305 and copper interconnects using plasma focused ion beam and scanning electron microscopy - Stuart Robertson Loughborough University (9 downloads) – 0.5MB
A recording of the Conference is available on You Tube, divided into 4 sessions. Please click on the links below.
Session 1 – Advanced Technology and Trends – 1 hour 28 mins
Session 2 – Advanced Technology Implementation – 1 hour 03 mins
Session 3 – Manufacturing of Advanced Packaging – 1 hour 16 mins
Session 4 – Materials and Processes – 1 hour 12 mins
For further information, please contact IMAPS-UK Office
David King (Sales and marketing Director) joined Optocap in 2017 bringing a wealth of experience in high reliability microelectronics packaging technologies having worked in the industry for over 25 years. He began his career in engineering gaining 15 years’ technical experience in design and product development before moving into sales and business development. He has held roles with responsibilities for high-reliability microelectronics and optoelectronics projects in the UK, Europe and the USA for demanding applications such as aerospace & defence, space, medical, oil & gas & power. David holds a BSc in Electronics & Physics from the Open University.
Summary of IMAPS-UK Activities:
– 2019 Joined the IMAPS-UK committee
Coventry CV7 9JU
Liam received a BEng (Hons) in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Liverpool in 2005. Soon after graduating he joined TT Electronics where roles in Quality, Power Module design and R&D provided the foundation to a career in semiconductor packaging during his 13 years with the company. Technical developments were focused on materials and assembly processes for high temperature electronics and improving reliability of solder joints and wirebonds for Power Electronics for harsh environments, primarily focused on Aerospace applications. He has managed numerous UK/EU funded programs working collaboratively with a wide range of academic and industrial partners. He left TT Electronics in November 2018 and is now working across a broad range of electronics manufacturing research topics ranging from micro and power electronics assemblies to novel circuit board assembly processes for all market sectors at the MTC.
Summary of IMAPS-UK Activities:
– 2019 Joined the IMAPS-UK committee
“MT19″ – MicroTech 2019 Annual Conference”Power in Packaging” – Presentation Downloads
1-Trends-Challenges-TWI.pdf (4 downloads)
2-High-Power-Modules-Dynex-Neil-Sellars.pdf (4 downloads)
3-Powertrains-WDDrury-Ricardo.pdf (3 downloads)
4-3D-Printable-Electrical-Interconnects-DZP.pdf (2 downloads)
5-Additive-Manufacturing-Lboro-Uni.pdf (3 downloads)
7-Liquid-Thermal-Interface-Scheugenpflug.pdf (5 downloads)
8-Dow-silicones.pdf (2 downloads)
9-LTCC-Via.pdf (3 downloads)
10-Wirebonding-KS.pdf (2 downloads)
11-Vacuum-pressure-reflow-SST.pdf (2 downloads)
12-Battery-Bond-applications-Hesse.pdf (3 downloads)
MicroTech-2019-Attendee-list.pdf (5 downloads)
The Interconnect of Things (IoT) workshop was held at the CPI Darlington Facility on 7 February 2019, supported by the CPI Newton Aycliffe.
A brief event report is now available …. It can also be downloaded here … or from the website area – Free downloadsIOT-Feb2019-Event-Report.pdf (149 downloads)
Role:Product Design Engineers – Packaging and/or Optics
IMAPS-UK corporate member,API Technologies is looking to recruit a number of Product Design Engineers in Packaging and Optics
They are looking for a talented Product Design Engineer to join their Engineering Team where you will provide technical design and layout expertise for both customer and internal released and development products.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include:
– To define, design and develop Opto electronic products for harsh environment applications
– Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
– Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods
– Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
– Manufacture of prototype products
– Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
– Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
– Undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products
– Actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products
– Support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
Interested candidates should forward their CV to:
Download the vacancy details HERE:
- Product Design Engineer (Packaging) JD
- Product Design Engineer (Packaging) Advert
- Product Design Engineer (Optics) JD
- Product Design Engineer (Optics) Advert
Strictly No Agencies
21 January 2019
Role:Sales Manager – Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
IMAPS-UK corporate member, Inseto is looking to recruit a specialist full time Sales Manager to develop and grow the Company’s Semiconductor manufacturing equipment and material sales throughout the UK, Ireland and Nordic regions.
The products include wafers, mask aligners, coaters, developers, wafer bonders, metrology systems, plasma systems, probe stations and furnaces etc. The successful candidate would ideally have previous sales experience of high precision equipment used in semiconductor manufacturing and research.
This role will involve extensive travel to customers throughout the UK, Ireland & Nordic region, plus visits to our global supply chain for customer demonstrations, training and other meetings etc.
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated, conscientious and professional individual, who will complement our team and further enhance the Company’s profile.
The position has a competitive salary and benefits package, plus the potential to develop within the Company.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the vacancy details HERE
Strictly No Agencies
Click on the above heading to download and view the video of the Advanced Circuit Boards Webinar held on 1st November 2018. It lasts approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
If you just require a copy of the slides, you can download here:
“POP2-2018” – Photonics and Opto Packaging Conference – Presentation Downloads
IMAPS-UK & Event Information:
a-iMAPS-UK-–-POP2-introduction-Oct-2018.pdf (129 downloads)
b-POP-II-SDC-Welcome.pdf (103 downloads)
c-Exhibitor-presentations.pdf (109 downloads)
d-POP2-Conference-programme-Agenda.pdf (100 downloads)
Attendees (All attendees have approved the release of this information)
List-of-attendees-POP2.pdf (105 downloads)
1-IQE-IkEYNOTE-Iwan-Davies.pdf (122 downloads)
2-PandA-Pkg-Directions-overview.pdf (121 downloads)
3-Photonics-Packaging-old-and-new.pdf (106 downloads)
4-C-Bailey-greenwich-UNI.pdf (108 downloads)
5-PEMCP-Update-October-2018-POP2.pdf (106 downloads)
6-EFFECT-Photonics.pdf (109 downloads)
7-Glenn-George-Bay-Photonics-_.pdf (106 downloads)
8-ficonTEC.pdf (110 downloads)
9-Pixapp-Ana-Gonzalez.pdf (109 downloads)
10-IBM-POP2_nboyer_public.pdf (110 downloads)
11-CSA-Catapult-Joe-Gannicliffe.pdf (103 downloads)