The Centre for Power Electronics (CPE) and IMAPS-UK organised the Annual CPE Conference on 13 – 15 July 2021 The Conference featured state of the art presentations from academic and industrial speakers, oral and poster presentations from Early Career Researchers, exhibitor videos and panel sessions on the status of adoption of wide bandgap devices and opportunities for working in this growing industry.
Extra Time Session – Double Pulse Testing by Dr Markus Herdin, Rohde and Schwarz Ltd
Download the Presentation on Double Pulse Testing (34 downloads) .
View the Presentation on You Tube.
The AME Academy is running a seminar on Additive Manufacturing of Electronics with leading industry experts, including IDTechEx, Fraunhofer IPA, University of Texas, Devcom ARL and Nano-Dimension on Tuesday 18 May 2021 from 10:00 to 14:00 US Eastern Standard Time (15:00 to 19:00 UK Time). This online event will cover the future of additive manufacturing, software, hardware and automation for electronic devices.
Please register here
The EPSRC supported Design for Additive Manufacturing Network and IMAPS-UK organised Designing the Future of Additive Manufactured Electronics Workshop held on 21st and 22nd April 2021 featured state of the art presentations and interactive sessions to identify the main challenges faced in introducing additive manufacturing within the electronics sector.
Please click on the links in the Report to access the presentation videos on You Tube.
The IMAPS-UK organised MicroTech 21 Online Conference on Heterogeneous Integration explored many aspects of Heterogeneous Integration covering packaging developments for ICs, power modules and photonics, materials, processes and including wider considerations of sustainability, equality, diversity and inclusivity within the electronics industry.
Download the MicroTech 2021 - Conference Report (72 downloads)
If you need any further information, please contact email@example.com
The IMAPS-UK Research Showcase – Recent Advances on Reliability and Gate Driving of WBG Power Electronics addressed several of the key issues critical to the increased adoption of Wide Bandgap (WBG) Semiconductors within the growing power electronics industry.
If you require copies of the presentations, you can download here (click on presentation title):
Day One: Monday 11 January 2021
- Professor Layi Alatise and Dr Jose Ortiz Gonzalez, University of Warwick – Gate Interface Reliability in SiC/GaN Power Devices (97 downloads) – 5MB
- Dr Pearl Agyakwa & Prof Mark Johnson, University of Nottingham – Advances in Packaging Interconnects (91 downloads) – 4MB
- Professor Bernard Stark and Dr Mohammad Hedayati, Bristol University – High Speed Sensing and Monitoring around GaN devices (98 downloads) – 2MB
Day Two: Tuesday 12 January 2021
- Mr. Xiang Wang, Prof. Volker Pickert, Dr. Haimeng Wu, Newcastle University – Optimisation of Switching Transients for SiC MOSFETs (83 downloads) – 1MB
- Prof Stephen Binney, Dr Paul Judge and Ross Mathieson, University of Edinburgh – Exploiting SiC-MOSFET Modules in High Current Applications (119 downloads) – 5MB
- Prof. Francesco Iannuzzo and Assoc. Prof. Amir Sajjad Bahman, Aalborg University – Testing Silicon Carbide Power MOSFETs under Normal and Abnormal Operations (88 downloads) – 5MB
A recording of Day 1 is available. Please click on the link below.
A recording of Day 2 is available. Please click on the link below.
Recent Advances on Reliability and Gate Driving of WBG Power Electronics Day 2 (96 downloads) – 2 hours 24 mins – 164MB
For further information, please contact IMAPS-UK Office
IMAPS-UK are pleased to announce a Call for Abstracts for MicroTech 2021 on the theme of Heterogeneous Integration – Packaging Future Microsystems. MicroTech 2021 will be held Online on Thursday 25 March 2021.
The main conference topics are based on the Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap produced by the IEEE-EPS, covering the following chapters:
- High Performance Computing and Data Centres
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Medical, Health and Wearables
- Aerospace and Defence
- Single-Chip and Multi-Chip Integration
- Integrated Photonics
- Integrated Power Electronics
- MEMS and Sensor Integration
- 5G Communication
- Co-Design for Heterogeneous Integration
- Modelling and Simulation
- Materials and Emerging Research Materials
- Emerging Research Devices
- Test Technologies
- Supply Chain
- SiP and Module System Integration
- Interconnects for 2D and 3D Architectures
- Wafer Level Packaging
For more information, please click on the following link Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap
For further details please download MicroTech 2021 - Call for Abstracts (199 downloads)
Abstracts are due by Friday 18th December 2020.
Please submit your Abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Packaging Tutorial was supported by Zeiss Microscopy
In order to access a copy of the Audio Version of the presentation, please subscribe to Zeiss Microscopy News.
If you require a copy of the presentation, you can download here:
“IOT 2019” – IOT Packaging Workshop – Presentation Downloads
IMAPS-UK & Event Information:
IOT-0-Workshop-Agenda.pdf (108 downloads)
All-about-IMAPS-UK-Presentation-Feb-2019.pdf (116 downloads)
Attendees (All attendees have approved the release of this information)
IOT-Attendee-List.pdf (115 downloads)
IOT-1-iMAPS-UK-–-introduction-Feb-2019.pdf (142 downloads)
IOT-2-IMAPS-Keynote-Feb-2019.pdf (116 downloads)
IOT-3-IMAPS-07feb2019-holmes-public.pdf (115 downloads)
IOT-4-MConnected-IoT-Presentation-Workshop-Feb-2019.pdf (111 downloads)
IOT-5-Printed-and-woven-electronics-integrated-with-textiles_IMAPS_7feb2019_rtorah.pdf (114 downloads)