The Centre for Power Electronics Annual Conference will be an Face to Face Event held from 5 – 6th July 2022 at the University of Warwick
The Centre for Power Electronics (CPE) Annual Conference will bring together the Power Electronics, Machines and Drives Community to review the latest Research and Development that will impact the Electric Revolution. This Conference will feature Invited Keynotes and Presentations from Leading Academics and Industrialists, views of the Future Demands for Power Electronics and Drives and Opportunities for Pursuing a Career in this exciting field.
The Conference will be run over 2 days to provide a comprehensive review of status of Power Electronics Research and Development, including topics selected from:
- Semiconductor and Passive Devices
- Packaging and Interconnection
- Converters and Drives
- Control, Test and Reliability
- Power Electronics and Drives Related Applications
CPE Conference Sponsor
The CPE Conference is Sponsored by the Driving the Electric Revolution – Industrialisation Centres
Accelerating Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD) supply chain capability and growth.
Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centres (DER-IC) is a UK-wide project developing the UK’s clean and resilient supply chains in power electronics, machines and drives (PEMD).
DER-IC is funded by UK Research and Innovation and was set up in 2020 as part of the Driving the Electric Revolution Challenge. DER-IC will provide open access facilities with state-of-the-art equipment, bringing together the UK’s technology and manufacturing expertise in electrification research and development.
Visit the Driving the Electric Revolution Website to find out more.
Exhibitors at Centre for Power Electronics Conference:
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference: (click on Company Name for weblink)
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- Carl ZEISS Ltd – Materials Characterisation and Failure Analysis Equipment
- ETPS Ltd – Specialists in programmable power and electronic test systems
- F&K Delvotec GmbH – a home of innovative interconnect solutions. Laser and ultrasonic wire, TAB and ribbon bonders for high and low power electronics, electrified vehicles and battery applications.
- Inseto (UK) Ltd – Manufacturing equipment, assembly materials and adhesives
- IPP Group Ltd – is a technical distributor of manufacturing equipment and consumables to the electronics, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
- Magna Power Electronics – High Power Programmable DC Power Products
- PPM Power – Power Electronics, Power Supplies, Test and Systems
- Rohde and Schwarz UK Ltd – Test and Measurement Solutions for Power Electronics Design
The Provisional Conference Agenda is presented below:
|Tuesday 5 July 2022||Day 1|
|09:00||Registration, Exhibition and Networking|
|10:25||Welcome, Introduction to Centre for Power Electronics Annual Conference||Professor Layi Alatise, Conference Chair, University of Warwick
Professor Xibo Yuan, University of Bristol, Director of CPE
|10:40||Sponsor Introduction||Driving the Electric Revolution - Industrialisation Centre|
|10:45||Keynote Presentation: Next Generation Power Devices: Challenges, Possibilities and Opportunities in Wind Turbine Applications||Professor Stig Munk-Nielsen, Department of Energy, Aalborg University|
|11:30||Lecture 1: Additive Manufacturing in Power Electronics, Machines and Drives||Dr Nick Simpson, UKRI Future Leader and Fellow in Power Electronics, University of Bristol|
|12:00||Lecture 2: Towards the Development of the Next Generation of Power Semiconductor Devices||Dr Marina Antoniou, Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellow in Power Electronics, University of Warwick|
|12:45||Break - Exhibition, Lunch, Poster Session and Networking|
|14:00||Keynote Presentation 2: Power Electronics for Offshore Wind Energy Conversion||Dr Chong Ng, Associate Director of Applied Research at OREC|
|14:45||Lecture 3: What do I work on for the next 30 years? Power Electronics, Renewables and the Path to 2050.||Dr Paul Judge, Royal Society Industry Fellow in Power Electronics, University of Edinburgh|
|15:15||Panel Discussion: The Challenges facing the Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in advance of mass EV rollout?||Chaired by: Dr Iain Mosely from Nyobolt and featuring Dr Saeed Jahdi (University of Bristol), Nigel Jakeman (TPS) and Prof Phil Mawby (University of Warwick)|
|16:30||Exhibition, Networking and Poster Judging Session||Prof Peter Gammon (University of Warwick), Dr Paul Evans and Prof Lee Empringham (University of Nottingham)|
|17:00||End of Day 1|
|Wednesday 6 July 2022||Day 2|
|09:00||Enrolment and Exhibitor Presentations|
|09:30||Keynote Presentation 3: State of the Art power devices and novel concepts in SiC and GaN Power Devices||Professor Florin Udrea, FREng, Professor and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering at Cambridge University|
Current State of DER Initiative and Network Growth
Recap of DER Challenge Funded Projects
DER-IC Network Offerings
Future DER Activities
|Venn Chesterton, Deputy Challenge Director for Driving the Electric Revolution
Professor Jon King from WMG, University of Warwick
|10:40||Industrial Engagement and Challenge Proposal||Power Electronics and Integrated Motor Drives|
|11:00||Coffee Break Challenge||Professor Jon King from WMG, University of Warwick|
|11:05||Coffee Break, Networking and Research Development|
|11:45||Open Forum, Feedback and Panel Discussion|
|12:15||Break - Exhibition, Lunch, Poster Session and Networking|
|13:45||Keynote Presentation 4: Key Challenges in WBG Enabled Automotive Power Electronics||David Bock, BMW Group|
|14:30||Lecture 4: Data-Driven Control of Power Controllers||Dr Jonathan C Mayo-Maldonado, University of Sheffield|
|15:00||Break - Exhibition and Networking|
|15:15||Lecture 5: Compact Modelling of GaN HEMTs||Dr Ke Li, University of Coventry|
|15:45||Skills, Training and Future Talent Development in Power Electronics, Machines and Drives||Professor Volker Pickert, Director of EPSRC CDT Sustainable Electric Propulsion, Newcastle University and Stewart Edmondson, CEO of UK Electric Skills Foundation|
|16:45||Summary, Prizes and Thanks|
|17:15||End of Conference|
Registration for the CPE 2022 Conference is open below, with the following options available:
- Standard Industry and Academic – 2 Day Attendance and Overnight Stay on Tuesday 5 July (including hotel accommodation, 2 lunches, dinner and breakfast): £250 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-01
- Standard Industry and Academic – 2 Day Attendance (including 2 lunches): £150 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-02
- IMAPS-UK and IMAPS Worldwide Member – 2 Day Attendance and Overnight Stay on Tuesday 5 July (including hotel accommodation, 2 lunches, dinner and breakfast): £225 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-03
- IMAPS-UK and IMAPS Worldwide Member – 2 Day Attendance (including 2 lunches): £125 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-04
- Early Career Researcher (Academic, RA, Post-Doc): 2 Day Attendance and Overnight Stay on Tuesday 5 July (including student accommodation, 2 lunches, dinner and breakfast): £180* – Ticket Ref: CPE22-05
- Early Career Researcher (Academic, RA, Post-Doc) – 2 Day Attendance (including 2 lunches): £100* – Ticket Ref: CPE22-06
- Student (Postgraduate (PhD) and Undergraduate) – 2 Day Attendance and Overnight Stay on Tuesday 5 July (including student accommodation, 2 lunches, dinner and breakfast): £100* – Ticket Ref: CPE22-07
- Student (Postgraduate (PhD) and Undergraduate) – 2 Day Attendance (including 2 lunches): £40* – Ticket Ref: CPE22-08
- Hotel Accommodation Only (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast) on night of Tuesday 5 July: £100 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-13
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
* – if any Early Career Researcher or Student has difficulty in paying the registration fee, please e-mail the CPE Office, who will consider reducing/waiving the fees to benefit the PEMD Community.
Travel Fund for PhD Students – Open for Application
The CPE organising team is pleased to announce that some funds are available to support economy rail travel costs for UK-based PhD students attending the CPE Annual Conference 2022, subject to an eligible case being submitted by PhD Supervisors. The Supervisor will need to e-mail the CPE Office to confirm that their student does not have access to institutional funds to cover travel costs. Applications will be responded to as soon as possible.
Registration details will be shared with the Centre for Power Electronics Office, please e-mail the IMAPS-UK Office, if you have any objections to this.
I confirm that my name and institution/organisation can be included in the attendee list in the delegate pack.
Please e-mail the IMAPS-UK Office if you have objections to any of the above consent.
Sponsorship Opportunity at CPE 2022
IMAPS-UK is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities for “CPE 2022”
The Sponsorship Package includes:
- One complete Exhibitor Package (see below)
- Place for one additional person with full access to the Conference
- Opening speaking slot (up to 5 minutes length)
- 1 full A4 advert in the Event Programme (PDF)
- Logo and links on all promotion documents and website
The Sponsorship Package is offered at £1200 (exc VAT). Ticket Ref: CPE22-11
To book the Sponsorship package, please register with Ticket Ref: CPE22-11, see below.
Exhibit at CPE 2022
Interested in attending CPE 2022 as an exhibitor?
The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for one person with full access to the Conference (including hotel accommodation (1 night), 2 lunches, dinner and breakfast)
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at CPE 2022:
- It’s “Where Academia and Industry Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to power electronics community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile
- Discover new industry and business contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member Exhibitor: £600 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-09
- Non Member Exhibitor: £800 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-10
- Hotel (Bed & Breakfast) on night of Monday 4 July: £90 – Ticket Ref: CPE22-12
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
In the event of the Conference reverting to an Online format due to changes in Government and/or Venue regulations, a full refund of the Exhibitor Rate will be offered.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations for bookings
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 05/07/2022 - 06/07/2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm