The Centre for Power Electronics Annual Conference will be an In Person Event held from 8 – 9th July 2024 at the Civic Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle, NE1 8QH
The Centre for Power Electronics (CPE) Annual Conference will bring together the Power Electronics, Machines and Drives Community to review the latest Research and Development that will impact the Electric Revolution. This Conference will feature Invited Keynotes and Presentations from Leading Academics and Industrialists, views of the Future Demands for Power Electronics and Drives and hearing about the latest research advances from the Centre for Doctoral Training in Sustainable Electric Propulsion and other Students and Post Doctoral Researchers.
The Conference will be run over 2 days to provide a comprehensive review of status of Power Electronics Research and Development, including topics selected from:
- Semiconductor and Passive Devices
- Packaging and Interconnection
- Converters, Drives and Applications
- Control, Test and Reliability
Provisional Conference Programme – subject to amendment
|Monday 8 July 2024
|Registration, Set-Up and Networking
|Welcome, Introduction to Centre for Power Electronics Annual Conference
|Professor Volker Pickert, Conference Chair, Newcastle University
Professor Xibo Yuan, Director of CPE
|Keynote Presentation 1: Power Electronics - Key Enabling Technology to Realising the Energy Transition
|Professor Rik De Doncker, Aachen University, Germany
|Lecture 1: Challenges to Reduce the Size of Industrial Drives
|Richard Gibson, NIDEC/CT - Industrial Drives
|Lecture 2: Wireless Power Transfer Techniques for Smart Home and Mobile Applications
|Dr Haimeng Wu, Northumbria University
|Break - Lunch and Networking
|Lecture 3: The Next Generation of High Voltage Power Electronics: Opportunities for Gallium Oxide
|Professor Martin Kuball, University of Bristol
|Lecture 4: Integrated Motor Drives: State of the Art, Challenges and Emerging Technologies
|Dr Daisy Deng, Newcastle University
|Poster and Exhibition Session
|Refreshments and Networking
|Lecture 5: Sustainable Electric Vehicle Stations: An Introduction to the Future Electric Vehicle Energy Networks Supporting Renewables (FEVER) Research Project
|Professor Martin Foster, University of Sheffield
|Optional Tour of Electrical Power Laboratory
|Tuesday 9 July 2024
|Registration and Networking
|Welcome and Introduction to Day 2
|Keynote Presentation 2: Thermal Modelling and Analysis of Power Electronics Modules for Optimal Power Converter Design and Control
|Professor Marco Liserre, University of Kiel, Germany
|PhD Student Presentations sponsored by the Centre for Doctoral Training on Sustainable Electric Propulsion
|Introduced by Professor Volker Pickert, Newcastle University
|Morning Break: Refreshments and Networking
|Poster and Exhibition Session
|Lunch Break - Exhibition and Networking
|Lecture 6: Towards Zero Emissions Electric Aircraft through Superconducting DC Distribution Network
|Dr Xiaoze Pei, University of Bath
|Lecture 7: Reliability Assessment of Trench SiC Power MOSFETS
|Dr Saeed Jahdi, University of Bristol
|Lecture 8: Power Electronics in Fusion Power Supply Systems
|Finlay Christie, UK-AEA
|Summary, Prizes, CPE 2025 and Thanks
|End of Conference
Abstracts from Students and Post-Doctoral Researchers
The CPE 2024 Conference Organising Team invites Abstracts from Students and Post-Doctoral Researchers for Poster and Oral Presentations which describe the latest advances in Power Electronics and Drives, with a submission date of 23rd February 2024.
Sponsorship Opportunity at CPE 2024
IMAPS-UK is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities for “CPE 2024”
The Sponsorship Package includes:
- One complete Exhibitor Package (see below)
- Place for one additional person with full access to the Conference
- Opening speaking slot (up to 5 minutes length)
- 1 full A4 advert in the Event Programme (PDF)
- Logo and links on all promotion documents and website
The Sponsorship Package is offered at £1200 (exc VAT) – Ticket Ref: CPE24-07
Please register your interest in the Sponsor Package with the IMAPS-UK Secretariat Office (address below).
Exhibit at CPE 2024
Interested in attending CPE 2024 as an exhibitor?
The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for two people with full access to the Conference (including 2 lunches and evening meal)
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at CPE 2024:
- It’s “Where Academia and Industry Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to power electronics community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile to attract future talent
- Discover new industry and academic contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member and CDT Affiliated Organisation: £500 – Ticket Ref: CPE24-05
- Non Member Exhibitor: £700 – Ticket Ref: CPE24-06
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Registration for CPE 2024 Delegates
Registration for CPE 2024 is open below.
- Industrial and Academic Delegate: £150 Book Ticket CPE24-01
- IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member and Member of CDT Affiliated Organisation: £125 – Book Ticket CPE24-02
- Student (PhD and Undergraduate): £100 – Book Ticket CPE24-03
- Student (PhD and Undergraduate) with Poster Submission: £70 – Book Ticket CPE24-04
- One Day Attendance* – Industrial and Academic Delegate: £120 Book Ticket CPE24-09
- One Day Attendance* – IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member and Member of CDT Affiliated Organisation: £95 – Book Ticket CPE24-08
* – Please contact the IMAPS-UK secretariat office (address below) to indicate which day you are intending to attend (Monday 8 or Tuesday 9 July).
Travel Fund for PhD and Undergraduate Students – Open for Application
The CPE organising team is pleased to announce that some funds are available to support economy rail travel costs for UK-based PhD students attending the CPE Annual Conference 2024, subject to an eligible case being submitted by PhD and Undergraduate Supervisors. The Supervisor will need to e-mail the CPE Office to confirm that their student does not have access to institutional funds to cover travel costs. Applications will be responded to as soon as possible.
Registration details will be shared with the Centre for Power Electronics Office, please e-mail the IMAPS-UK Office, if you have any objections to this.
I confirm that my name and institution/organisation can be included in the attendee list in the delegate pack.
Please e-mail the IMAPS-UK Office if you have an objection to the above consent.
Accommodation costs are not included in the CPE24 Conference Ticket costs and are to be paid separately.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations for bookings
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 08/07/2024 - 09/07/2024
Newcastle Civic Centre