Date(s) - 07/02/2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Centre for Process Innovation
“IOT = THE INTERCONNECT OF THINGS”
An Advanced Interconnection and Packaging Workshop – Covering: Sensors, Wearables and RFID Technologies
This educational Workshop, organised by IMAPS-UK is being held at the new CPI Catapult facility in Newton Aycliffe. It is your opportunity to learn about and understand the technologies, materials and processes related to the range of interconnect technologies available for the Microelectronics manufacturing processes required for Sensors, RFID, general Semiconductors and other devices that are being developed for IOT applications.”
The revolution in flexible hybrid electronics is creating new opportunities for the manufacture of stretchable, conformal, wearable and disposable electronics products instead of standard surface mount assembly on printed circuit boards.
The workshop will consist of a series of tutorials, case studies and breakout sessions to inform you of the state of the art and future directions in microelectronics manufacturing from a range of industrial and academic experts.
The interactive breakout sessions will help in defining the future opportunities and barriers for incorporating flexible hybrid electronics in product design and manufacturing, addressing the following topics:
- What are the key opportunities for electronics packaging for flexible hybrid electronics?
- What are the major barriers to the uptake of electronics packaging for flexible hybrid electronics?
- What needs to be done to create an infrastructure for electronic packaging for flexible hybrid electronics to be instigated?
- What can IMAPS-UK and CPI do to support electronic packaging community for flexible hybrid electronics?
- How can it be effectively integrated into electronic manufacturing lines?
The event will provide training for staff who need to be aware of electronic packaging technologies for IoT applications. It will also serve as a refresher for those who wish to expand the breadth of their knowledge and build their network of contacts in the field.
…. This event is supported by AND
- 8:30 –Registration and Networking
- 9:30 – Welcome and Introductions
- Introduction to CPI…… Introduction to IMAPS-UK
- 9:45 – CPI keynote – technology review and process descriptio.
- 10:30 –Break
- 11:00 – 2nd tutorial
- 11:30 – Case study -1
- 11:45 – Breakout session 1 (3 Questions)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:15 – Facility Tour
- 14:00 – Tutorial 3
- 14:45 – Case study 2
- 15:00 – Break
- 15:30 – Breakout session 2 (3 questions)
- 16:15 – Feedback breakout 1
- 16:30 – feedback session 2
- 16:45 – Wrap up
- 17:00 – Close
Who Should Attend?
Research & Development Related Personnel, Scientists, Production, Manufacturing & Technical Engineers/Managers & Directors, Supply Chain Companies, Process Engineers, Product Designers & Students.
This is an educational event and has limited places, please book early to avoid disappointment.
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Paying by Credit/Debit Card / PayPal - Click the Pay by Credit Card / PayPal button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the PayPal gateway, either as a “Guest” using the “Debit/Credit Card” option, or using an existing PayPal account.
Paying by invoice - Click the Pay by invoice button.