IMAPS-UK’s IPower3 Conference on Electronic Packaging for Net Zero will take place on Thursday 2 December 2021 at the Advanced Propulsion Centre at the University of Warwick, near Coventry in a face to face format. Achieving Net Zero will present some of the most significant challenges to be faced by a wide range of electrical and electronic based industries in the next decade. Getting reliable and fully functional products to market will require electronic and electrical packaging solutions that can operate at higher currents and voltages, faster frequencies and increased temperatures. This conference will hear from OEMs, material and equipment suppliers and academia about the current and future solutions to meet these demanding requirements.
The Provisional Agenda is shown below (subject to amendment):
|09:00||Registration and Networking|
|09:30||Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK|
|09:40||Overview of Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC)|
|09:50||Keynote: @FutureBEV Enabling Powertrain Technologies for BEV||David Bock, BMW Group|
|10:20||GaNSiC – Direct dispensing of high and low pressure silver sinter materials for GaN and SiC devices||John Boston, Custom Interconnect Ltd (CIL)|
|10:50||Exhibitor Elevator Pitches|
|11:15||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|11:45||"Light Bulb Moments" in Packaging of Compound Semiconductors||Geoff Haynes, RAM Innovations|
|12:15||Use of High Accuracy Low Force SIP Technology Developments for Power Devices||Simon Broadhurst, K&S|
|12:45||Lunch: Exhibition and Networking|
|13:45||Packaging and Assembly Trends for Next Generation Power Modules||Huub Claassen, Boschman Technologies|
|14:15||Recent Progress on Copper Sintering for High Power Semiconductor Packaging||Yangang Wang, Dynex Semiconductor|
|14:45||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|15:05||Addressing the Needs for EV Design, New Packaging Solutions and Future Challenges||Nikola Kontic, Zuken UK|
|15:35||Immersion-cooled power electronics to support Net Zero Transformation||Craig Britton, Supply Design|
|16:05||Leadframe Design and Trim/Form Solutions for High Performance Power Modules||Mark Kenny, Rydon Technology|
Five Key Reasons to attend iPower3:
- Face to Face interaction with experts from within industry, equipment manufacturers and material suppliers
- End User Needs such as challenges in the transportation sector, renewables and power distribution
- Materials choices such as sintering as a viable alternative to solders and adhesives
- Design Optimisation for fast switching wide bandgap devices, thermal management and package size
- Manufacturing Solutions for power packaging from R&D through to volume production
The event is open to all including non members, the following delegate rates (inclusive of lunch and refreshments) apply:
- IMAPS-UK Member, Member of IMAPS Worldwide and IMAPS-UK Partner (Techworks – Power Electronics UK/AESIN): £85
- IMAPS-UK Student Member: £30
- Non Member: £155
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
In applying for an IMAPS-UK Partners Registration, you may be asked to provide evidence of your status and affiliation to the IMAPS-UK Partners (Techworks – Power Electronics UK/AESIN).
The iPower3 Conference is sponsored by Inseto.
Inseto (UK) Ltd is a leading provider of wafer fabrication, assembly equipment and materials to the power electronic and related microelectronic technology sectors.
Our products include:
- Die bonders, including sinter die attach equipment
- Vacuum solder reflow equipment
- Aluminium wire & ribbon bonders
- Dicing and scribing equipment
- Bond & micro-materials testers
- Plasma etching & cleaning systems
- Semiconductor wafers & substrates
- Hermetic power packages
- Aluminium wire & ribbon
- Solder wire, preforms & ribbon
- Wafer oxidation & annealing furnaces
- Wafer bonders
- Wafer Probing Systems for HF, HV & high current applications
Our accredited application and technical support team provides pre and post sales expertise, assisting in material selection, equipment setup, maintenance, calibration and user training.
Please visit our website: www.inseto.co.uk for further information.
Exhibitors at iPower3:
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference:
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- Alter Technology – Leading provider of micro and optoelectronics services in engineering, procurement, assembly and test in space and harsh environment markets.
- Boschman – is the one stop shop for highly innovative packaging solutions.
- Carl Zeiss Ltd – Materials Characterisation and Failure Analysis Equipment
- Custom Interconnect Ltd— Electronics Manufacturing, Advanced Technologies, Design Services, Power Electronics for BEVs/PHEVs, Box Build and Rapid Prototypes
- Gen3 – Specialist British manufacturer and distributor of test and measurement Equipment
- Heraeus Electronics – Materials for power electronics assembly and packaging.
- Inseto – Manufacturing equipment, assembly materials and adhesives
- IPP Group Ltd is a technical distributor of manufacturing equipment and consumables to the electronics, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
- Zuken – Global software company offering advanced design solutions for the creation of electrical and electronic systems
In the event of the Conference reverting to an Online format due to changes in Government and/or Venue regulations, a full refund of the Exhibitor Rate will be offered.
Registration for iPower3 is open below.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Bookings are now closed for this event. - Please contact the IMAPS-UK office for further details
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 02/12/2021
8:30 am - 4:45 pm