IMAPS-UK’s iPower5 Get up to Speed Conference will take place on Wednesday 29 November 2023 at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ in an in-person format.
The iPower 5 – Get up to Speed Conference will address some of the most significant challenges to be faced by a wide range of electrical and electronic based industries in the next decade. Achieving reliable and fully functional products to market will require electronic and electrical packaging solutions that can operate at higher currents and voltages, faster frequencies and increased temperatures. This conference will hear from OEMs, material and equipment suppliers and academia about the current and future solutions to meet these demanding requirements.
The Conference will describe the latest advances in power electronics devices and applications, sintering, embedding, singulation and inspection techniques There will also be the opportunity to be updated on the results of the National Semiconductor Strategy study including Advanced Packaging from the Institute for Manufacturing.
iPower5 aims to provide the Delegates with an opportunity to learn from and network with leading Industry Experts and Exhibitors as they share their experiences, developments and opportunities. There will be an opportunity to visit the British Motor Museum on conclusion of the Conference.
|08:30||Registration and Networking|
|09:30||Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK|
|09:40||Sponsor Introduction||Carl Zeiss Ltd|
|09:45||Session 1: Devices and Applications|
|09:45||Keynote Presentation 1: Latest Advances in Devices and Modules for Electric Vehicles||Professor Phil Mawby, University of Warwick|
|10:15||Embedded PCB Power Modules||Stylianos Syrigos, Microchip Technology Inc|
|10:40||Modelling the Impact of Cosmic Rays on the Reliability of Power Semiconductor Devices||Gabriel Parkinson, University of Nottingham|
|11:05||Exhibitor Elevator Pitches|
|11:15||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|11:45||Session 2: Sintering|
|11:45||(Hybrid) Sintering Materials for High Power, High Temperature Applications||Jochen Schuermans - Roartis|
|12:10||Novel Interconnect and Packaging Technologies for Power Modules||Huub Claassen, Boschman Technologies|
|12:35||Scanning Acoustic Microscopy of Sintered Joints||Heaklig Ayala, University of Warwick|
|13:00||Lunch: Exhibition and Networking|
|14:00||Session 3: Semiconductor and Packaging Strategy|
|14:00||UK National Semiconductor Infrastructure Strategy||John Lincoln, Photonics Leadership Group|
|14:25||UK National Semiconductor Strategy Discussion||Andy Longford, PandA Europe|
|15:10||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|15:30||Session 4: Dicing, Trimming/Forming and Reliability|
|15:30||Plasma Dicing of SiC Semiconductors||Richard Barnett, KLA|
|15:55||Perfecting the Package, Innovative Final Assembly Steps for Power Module Manufacturing||Steven Derksen, TFA Trim and Form, Automation Europe BV
|16:30||Opportunity to visit British Motor Museum|
Download the iPower5 Conference Flyer
The iPower5 Conference is sponsored by Carl Zeiss Ltd
Carl Zeiss Ltd
ZEISS has the most comprehensive portfolio of light, X-ray, electron and ion beam microscope systems in the industry and is a leading solution provider to the global semiconductor community. Solutions span semiconductor manufacturing from wafer fab through packaging and assembly. ZEISS materials characterisation and non-destructive failure analysis solutions deliver actionable information to both wafer fab and packaging/assembly processes to meet the semiconductor industry’s challenges for next-generation devices.
For Further Information: Imaging Solutions: Biology, Industry and Materials Research
Exhibitors at IPower5
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference: (click on Company Name for weblink)
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- DISCO HI-TEC Europe – Semiconductor dicing and grinding solutions
- Inseto (UK) Ltd – Manufacturing equipment, assembly materials and adhesives
- PPM Power – Power Electronics, Power Supplies, Test and Systems
- Rydon Technology – Specialists in the supply of quality precision equipment and materials for high technology industries
- Tresky – Leading Machine Manufacturer for High Precision Placement Systems
Five Key Reasons to attend iPower5:
- In-person interaction with experts from within industry, equipment manufacturers and material suppliers
- End User Needs such as challenges in the transportation sector, renewables and power distribution
- Materials choices such as sintering as a viable alternative to solders and adhesives
- Design Optimisation for fast switching wide bandgap devices, thermal management and package size
- Manufacturing Solutions for power packaging from R&D through to volume production
The event is open to all including non members, the following delegate rates (inclusive of lunch and refreshments) apply:
- IMAPS-UK Member, Member of IMAPS Worldwide: £85 – Book Ticket IP5-01
- IMAPS-UK Student Member: £30 – Book Ticket IP5-02
- Non Member: £155 – Book Ticket IP5-03
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Exhibit at iPower5
Interested in attending iPower5 as an exhibitor?The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for one person with full access to the Conference
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Logo and Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at iPower5:
- It’s “Where the Industry and Academia Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to micro-electronics packaging community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile
- Discover new industry and business contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member Exhibitor: £385 – Book Ticket IP5-04
- Non Member Exhibitor: £585 – Book Ticket IP5-05
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
In the event of the Conference reverting to an Online format due to changes in Government and/or Venue regulations, a full refund of the Exhibitor Rate will be offered.
Registration for iPower5 is open below.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations for bookings
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 29/11/2023
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
British Motor Museum