MicroTech 2022 will be a Face to Face Event to be held on Tuesday 26th April 2022 to be held at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 0QX.
Please note the last chance to book is Thursday 21st April 2022
MicroTech 2022 is the Annual IMAPS-UK Conference which will focus on key emerging markets and their associated technological and skill challenges associated with the Next Generation of Electronics and People. This Face to Face Conference combines invited Keynotes and presentations from leading companies and academic institutions. The Conference will also include the IMAPS-UK Annual General Meeting (AGM).
MicroTech 2022 will address the twin pillars of developing next generation electronics systems and people with appropriate skills to design and manufacture them. Next generation electronics systems will not only be expected to demonstrate enhanced performance, but also improved efficiency, reduced thermal impact, use of sustainable materials and end-of-life recyclability. The people aspect will be explored through proposing ways of raising awareness of the need for electronics packaging personnel with multi-disciplinary skills and encouraging engagement within the education system.
The conference will focus on the following themes:
- Markets Trends and Developments for Carbon Reduction
- Materials and Processes
- Research and Development
- Skills and Training
The Provisional Agenda is presented below:
|08:30||Registration, Exhibition and Networking|
|09:00||Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK|
|09:15||Session 1: Market Trends and Developments for Carbon Reduction|
|09:15||Keynote: Transforming with the Fast-Changing Semiconductor Supply Chain - How UK Companies can win in a Turbulent Environment||John West. Senior Division Manager, Yole Developpement|
|09:45||E-planes to replace High Speed Rail||Paul Riley, Belsa Power Electronics|
|10:05||Session 2: Materials and Processes|
|10:05||High Power Density Amplifiers Using Advanced Die Attach Techniques||Manoj Balakrishnan and Joshua Psaila, Filtronic|
|10:25||Development of IGBT Power Modules with Advanced Interconnection Technologies||Xiang Li, Dynex Semiconductor
|10:45||Exhibitor Elevator Pitches|
|11:05||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|11:35||Hybrid Bonding – Leading the way for More than Moore packaging||Jonathan Abdilla, BESI
|11:55||Latest technologies for laser dicing, blade dicing of SiC and new ultra-thin grinding||Brian Raeburn, DISCO HI-TEC EUROPE
|12:15||Session 3: IMAPS-UK AGM|
|13:00||Lunch: Exhibition and Networking|
|14:00||Session 4: Research and Development|
|14:00||Photoimageable Pastes - The latest Innovations in Fineline Thick-film Technology||Steve Muckett, Consultant for Fraunhofer IKTS
|14:20||Rapid formation of intermetallic joint using Cu-Sn nanocomposite interlayer based on patterned copper nanowire array||Han Jiang, Loughborough University
|14:40||Bonding Large Area Detector Arrays of high-Z Material Sensors and other X-Ray Detector Die||Andreas Schneider, STFC
|15:00||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|15:30||Session 5: Skills and Training|
|15:30||Addressing the Power Electronics, Machines and Drives Skills Gaps in the UK||Mark Urbanowski, UKRI
|15:50||An initiative to develop learning skills in Microelectronic Manufacturing.||Andy Longford, PandA Europe|
Sponsorship Opportunity at MicroTech 2022
IMAPS-UK is pleased to offer the sponsorship opportunity for MicroTech 2022
The Sponsorship Package includes:
- One complete Exhibitor Package (see below)
- Place for one additional person with full access to the Conference
- Opening speaking slot (up to 5 minutes length)
- 1 full A4 advert in the Event Programme (PDF)
- Logo and links on all promotion documents and website
The Sponsorship Package is offered at £1200 (exc VAT) – Book Ticket MT22-06.
Exhibitors at MicroTech 2022:
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference: (click on Company Name for weblink)
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- Alter Technology – Leading provider of microelectronics and opto-electronics services in engineering, procurement, assembly and test
- Carl ZEISS Ltd – Materials Characterisation and Failure Analysis Equipment
- Custom Interconnect Ltd — Electronics Manufacturing, Advanced Technologies, Design Services, Power Electronics for BEVs/PHEVs, Box Build and Rapid Prototypes
- DISCO HI-TEC Europe – Semiconductor dicing and grinding solutions
- Filtronic – Enabling the future of RF, microwave and mmWave
- Gen3 – Specialist British manufacturer and distributor of test and measurement equipment
- Inseto – Manufacturing equipment, assembly materials and adhesives
- KLA Corp (SPTS Division) – Advanced Wafer Processing Solutions
- Pyramid Engineering Services – Design and Manufacture of Equipment for Controlled Atmosphere Package Encapsulation
Exhibit at MicroTech 2022
Interested in attending MicroTech 2022 as an exhibitor?
The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for one person with full access to the Conference
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at MicroTech 2022:
- It’s “Where the Industry and Academia Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to micro-electronics packaging community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile
- Discover new industry and business contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member Exhibitor: £385 – Book Ticket MT22-04
- Non Member Exhibitor: £585 – Book Ticket MT22-05
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Attendance at MicroTech 2022
Registration for MicroTech 2022 is open below.
- IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member: £85 – Book Ticket MT22-01
- Non Member: £155 Book Ticket MT22-02
- IMAPS-UK Student: £30 – Book Ticket MT22-03
IMAPS-UK can also offer Inclusive options consisting of Conference attendance on Tuesday 26 April 2022 and the Dinner on Monday 25 April 2022 (see below):
- IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member(inclusive of Conference and Dinner): £120 – Book Ticket MT22-09
- Non Member (inclusive of Conference and Dinner): £190 Book Ticket MT22-10
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
A Pre—Conference Training Workshop on Microelectronic Packaging Techniques for Power Electronics will be held on the afternoon of Monday 25 April 2022. If you have registered to attend MicroTech 2022, you can register for a place at the Training Workshop for free, by booking Ticket PEP-IT-UP-03. However, there are only limited places available and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations and changes to event format for bookings.
Dinner on Monday 25 April at the Packhorse Inn
IMAPS-UK has organised a networking evening meal at the Packhorse Inn, Abingdon Road, Milton Hill, Abingdon OX13 6AG at 7:00p.m. (for 7:30p.m.). Please join us for a three course meal for a set fee of £35 exc VAT (drinks not included) by booking Ticket MT22-08 below. The menu options are available The Packhorse - Menu - 25th April 2022 (155 downloads) . Please let the IMAPS-UK Office know if you have any specific dietary requirements. Please contact the IMAPS-UK Office prior to making a booking to check on availability.
Is available in Local Hotels – see below for suggestions (click on Hotel Name for weblink):
- Courtyard by Marriott Oxford South
- Premier Inn Oxford South Didcot
- The Kingswell Hotel and Restaurant
- Steventon House Hotel
- Milton Hill House
- Travelodge Newbury Chieveley M4
- Ridgeway House
Or use Booking.com
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Bookings are now closed for this event. - Please contact the IMAPS-UK office for further details
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 26/04/2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Rutherford Appleton Labs