MicroTech 2023 will be an In Person Event on Thursday 30th March 2023 at University of Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD
MicroTech 2023 is the Annual IMAPS-UK Conference which will focus on Advanced Packaging and Technology Trends. This In Person Conference combines invited Keynotes and presentations from leading Industrial Companies and Research Institutions. The Conference will also include the IMAPS-UK Annual General Meeting (AGM).
MicroTech 2023 will address the themes such as market analysis including current and future supply chain requirements, providing examples of the implementation of advanced packaging technologies in challenging applications, the development of sustainable materials and processes and latest advances in the assessment of quality and reliability. Advanced Packaging Technologies will not only be expected to demonstrate enhanced performance at the best possible cost, but also improved efficiency, reduced thermal impact and overall life cycle cost benefits.
|08:30||Registration, Exhibition and Networking|
|09:30||Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK||Andrew Holland, MicroTech 2023 Conference Chair|
|09:45||Session 1: Advanced Packaging and Trends|
|09:45||Keynote: Advanced, Affordable, ASAP: Prototype IC Packaging Requirements for the post wire bond age||John Wood, Silicon Contact|
|10:10||Packaging Challenges for Quantum Technologies||Andrew Robertson and Liam Moroney, Bay Photonics|
|10:30||Trends to Advanced Packaging for Power Electronics||Andy Longford, PandA Europe|
|10:50||Exhibitor Elevator Pitches|
|11:00||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|11:30||Session 2: Extreme Packaging and Case Studies|
|11:30||Novel Form Factors and Encapsulation for Electronics in Healthcare||Simon Johnson, CPI|
|11:50||Challenges in High Power, Highly Integrated Microwave and mmWave Packaging||Tudor Williams,
|12:10||Deposition of Fine-Pitch Indium Bumps on Single Die Sensors and ASICs Fabrication of Radiation Detectors ||Andreas Schneider and Navid Ghorbanian
|13:00||Lunch: Exhibition and Networking|
|13:45||Session 3: Reliability and Analysis|
|13:45||Keynote: Plastic encapsulation for harsh environments||Matt Booker and Szymon Bednarski
|14:10||AI and Microelectronic Reliability: The Future of Failure||Suzanne Costello MCS
|14:30||Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking|
|14:45||Session 4: New Materials and Manufacturing Techniques|
|14:45||Sustainable Silver Circuitry/Sensor Production using Ink-jetting and Laser writing methods||Dr. Thomas D.A. Jones, University of Dundee|
|15:05||Highly conductive micropaths made from assembled 1D particle structures||Yaroslav Harkavyi
|15:25||Laser Assisted Die Bonding Using a Nano-Silver Paste Material for Wide Bandgap Power Device Packaging||B. Bhandari and C. H. Wang
|15:45||Closing Remarks||Andrew Holland|
Download the MicroTech 2023 Conference Flyer.
Download the MicroTech 2023 Conference Programme Booklet.
The Conference will be preceded by a Half-Day Workshop on Power Electronics Packaging – Training and Upskilling on the afternoon of Wednesday 29 March 2023.
MicroTech 2023 is Sponsored by Alter Technology UK Ltd
Alter Technology UK Ltd provides Microelectronics and Optoelectronics package design and assembly services from fast prototyping to production. Typical devices assembled include ASICs, MEMS, Sensors, Image Sensors, LED Chip-on-Board, High-Power Laser diodes, VCSELs and Optical transceivers. Our ISO7 clean room is equipped with a wide range of processes for high-reliability applications including wafer dicing, die-attach, wire and ribbon bonding, hermetic sealing and encapsulation.
ALTER UK have introduced a plastic packaging line in the UK facility to make QFN packaging available to low and medium volume users.
ALTER UK’s Photonics product roadmap includes FLAME and REMOTE, specialist narrow-linewidth laser modules for Quantum technology applications.
ALTER TECHNOLOGY GROUP also have laboratories in Spain and France providing engineering and test services for electronic components and systems, including electrical, mechanical, environmental, and radiation testing within the space and harsh environment markets where failure is not an option.
Click on the Company Name for more information on Alter Technology UK Ltd
Factory Visit to Alter Technology – Wednesday 29th March 2023
Alter Technology UK will be pleased to welcome a limited number of visitors to their facilities in Livingston (postcode: EH54 7DQ) on 29th March 2023. They will be showcasing their capabilities at the cutting edge of microelectronics assembly. A facility tour will be given which will include a window tour of the new ISO7 Clean Rooms, followed by a presentation on current capabilities and technology trends, a roundtable discussion and a Q&A session. The tour will take place from 2-4pm on Wednesday 29th March, with limited availability on a first come, first served basis.
Please e-mail email@example.com to secure a place.
Details on the transport arrangements to/from Alter Technology will be provided to signed up attendees in due course.
Exhibitors at MicroTech 2023
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference: (click on Company Name for weblink)
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- Alter Technology – Leading provider of microelectronics and opto-electronics services in engineering, procurement, assembly and test
- DISCO HI-TEC Europe – Semiconductor dicing and grinding solutions
- Filtronic – High Performance RF, microwave and mmWave design, manufacture and test
- Gen3 – Specialist British manufacturer and distributor of test and measurement Equipment
- Inseto – Manufacturing equipment, assembly materials and adhesives
- Optim Wafer Services – OPTIM has been providing wafer processing services for over 35 years, offering individually tailored solutions using techniques such as polishing, CMP, cleaning, thinning, re-sizing and dicing silicon wafers and other substrates
- RoodMicrotec – Your Semiconductor Services Partner
- Tresky – Leading Machine Manufacturer for High Precision Placement Systems
Exhibit at MicroTech 2023
Interested in attending MicroTech 2023 as an exhibitor?
The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for one person with full access to the Conference
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at MicroTech 2023:
- It’s “Where the Industry and Academia Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to micro-electronics packaging community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile
- Discover new industry and business contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member Exhibitor: £385 – Book Ticket MT23-04
- Non Member Exhibitor: £585 – Book Ticket MT23-05
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Attendance at MicroTech 2023
Registration for MicroTech 2023 is open below.
- IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member: £85 – Book Ticket MT23-01
- Non Member: £155 Book Ticket MT23-02
- IMAPS-UK Student: £30 – Book Ticket MT23-03
Registration for PEPTUS 3 Workshop on 29 March 2023
- IMAPS-UK Member, Member of IMAPS Worldwide: £70 – Book Ticket PEPTUS3WS-04
- Non Member: £130 – Book Ticket PEPTUS3WS-05
- IMAPS-UK Student Member: £20 – Book Ticket PEPTUS3WS-06
The above prices for the PEPTUS workshop only apply to attendees who have booked attendance at the MicroTech 2023 Conference on 30th March 2023.
If you can only attend the PEPTUS Workshop on Wednesday 29th March 2023 Book Here.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Networking Dinner on Wednesday 29 March 2023 at the Italian Kitchen
IMAPS-UK has organised a networking evening meal at the nearby Italian Kitchen, 64 Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1 1EX at 7:00p.m. Please join us for a three course meal for a set fee of £30 exc VAT (drinks not included) by booking Ticket MT22-08 below. The menu options are available Italian Kitchen Set Menu (172 downloads) . Please let the IMAPS-UK Office know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
The following two inclusive ticket options are also available:
- Inclusive Member Attendance + Dinner – Ticket MT23-09: £115 exc VAT
- Inclusive NON-Member Attendance + Dinner – Ticket MT23-10: £185 exc VAT
Venue, Accommodation and Travel Information
The Technology and Innovation Centre – University of Strathclyde
The Technology and Innovation Centre at the University of Strathclyde is located in the centre of Glasgow with access to close rail and bus links. Click HERE for more details on the Centre. An A-Z for the Centre is also available for download HERE.
Two hotels are within easy walking distance of the Technology and Innovation Centre:
- Moxy Hotel 210 High Street, Glasgow City Centre, G4 0QW
- Premier Inn – Glasgow City Centre (George Street)
Other accommodation options are available at People Make Glasgow.
Information on air, rail, bus and car transport to the Technology and Innovation Centre and nearby parking is available to download HERE.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations and changes to event format for bookings.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)131 202 9004
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Bookings are now closed for this event. - Please contact the IMAPS-UK office for further details
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 30/03/2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde