MicroTech 2024 will be an In Person Event on Wednesday 10th April 2024 at Aerospace Bristol, Patchway BS34 5BZ
MicroTech 2024 is the Annual IMAPS-UK Conference which will focus on Is Advanced Packaging Ready for Take Off?. This In Person Conference combines invited Keynotes and presentations from leading Industrial Companies and Research Organisations. The Conference will also include the IMAPS-UK Annual General Meeting (AGM).
MicroTech 2024 will provide examples of the implementation of Advanced Packaging Technologies in challenging applications, the development of strategies for electronics design and manufacture and the latest advances of performance and reliability. Advanced Packaging Technologies will not only be expected to demonstrate enhanced performance, but also improved improved efficiency, reduced thermal impact, overall life cycle cost benefits and a robust supply chain.
The Provisional Conference Agenda is presented below:
|Registration, Exhibition and Networking
|Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK
|David King, MicroTech 2024 Conference Chair
|Session 1: Advanced Packaging Market and Trends
|High End Advanced Semiconductor Packaging Technology and Market Trends for 2.5D and 3D Technologies
|Yu-Han Chang, IDTechEx
|Exhibitor Elevator Pitches
|Refreshments: Exhibition, Posters and Networking
|Session 2: Advanced Packaging for Power Electronics
|Applying Advanced Packaging Technologies to the Manufacture of Power Electronics Modules
|Kevin Cannon, Tribus-D
|A Comparative Study of Copper and Silver Pressure Sintering Assembly Processes for High-Power Electronics
|Claudia Ferriera, CSA Catapult
|Lunch: Exhibition, Posters and Networking
|Session 3: Advanced Packaging Equipment and Facilities
|Keynote: Die to Wafer (D2W) Hybrid Bonding for Advanced Heterogeneous Integration
|Jonathan Abdilla, BESI
|Advanced Packaging in the UK
|Matt Booker, Alter Technology
|Packaging Challenges and Solutions in Scaling-Up for High Value Manufacturing – a perspective from Custom Interconnect Ltd
|John Boston, Custom Interconnect Ltd
|Closing Remarks and Poster Awards
|Refreshments: Exhibition and Networking
|Visit Bristol Aerospace Museum and Depart
Poster Competition for Students and Post-Doctoral Researchers
Abstracts are invited in the following topics:
- Challenging Applications
- Advanced Packaging Technologies
- Electronics Design and Manufacturing Strategy
- Performance and Reliability
IMAPS-UK invites poster abstracts from Students and Post-Doctoral Researchers in advanced electronics and electrical packaging and assembly. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to prepare a Poster (A0 Portrait Size) for presentation during the MicroTech 2024 Conference. The lead author of any accepted poster will be offered free admission to the MicroTech 2024 conference.
In addition, the IMAPS MicroTech 2024 Conference Team is offering a £450 prize for the best poster presented at the conference. The posters will be judged during the day and the prize awarded during the final conference session.
Those wishing to present their work at MicroTech 2024 should submit an abstract of 200-300 words, electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Friday 15th March 2024.
Pre-Conference Workshop – Semiconductor Packaging Reliability Explained! – Tuesday 9th April 2024
The Conference will be preceded by a Half-Day Workshop at the CSA Catapult in Newport, South Wales on the afternoon of Tuesday 9 April 2024, following the launch of the new equipment facility in the morning. Further details are provided in the link: Semiconductor Packaging Reliability Explained Workshop
Please note that attendees will need to register separately for the Semiconductor Packaging Reliability Explained Workshop, where MicroTech 2024 delegates can attend for free.
Attendance at MicroTech 2024
Registration for MicroTech 2024 is open below.
- IMAPS-UK (and IMAPS Worldwide) Member: £85 – Book Ticket MT24-01
- Non Member: £155 Book Ticket MT24-02
- Students: £30 – Book Ticket MT24-03
- Students with Poster Submission: £0 (free) Book Ticket MT24-03P/li>
Students (PhD and Undergraduate) who submit a Poster, which is approved by the MicroTech 2024 Organising Team, will be offered a free registration to MicroTech 2024, please book Ticket MT24-03P
Exhibitors at MicroTech 2024
The following organisations will be exhibiting at the Conference: (click on Company Name for weblink)
- Accelonix – Specialist equipment sales and support for Microelectronics, Battery and PCB Assembly
- Altus Group – Suppliers of Electronics Production Equipment for over 20 years
- Boston Microfabrication (BMF) – World Leader in Advanced Additive Manufacturing Solutions for Ultra-High Precision Applications
- Carl Zeiss – Imaging Solutions for the Semiconductor and Electronics market
- Cupio Ltd – Innovative Inspection, Production and Test Solutions
- Custom Interconnect Ltd (CIL) – Electronics Manufacturing, Advanced Technologies, Design Services, Power Electronics for BEVs/PHEVs, Box Build and Rapid Prototypes
- DISCO HI-TEC Europe – Semiconductor Dicing and Grinding solutions
- Eurofins | MASER – Independent service provider for Failure Analysis and Reliability Test
- Filtronic – Contract manufacturing for Aerospace, Defence, Space and Telecommunications, specialising in high frequency RF
- Inseto – Manufacturing Equipment, Assembly Materials and Adhesives
- KLA Corp (SPTS Division) – Advanced Wafer Processing Solutions
- Loughborough Surface Analysis – Specialists in Surface Analysis
- Optim Wafer Services – OPTIM has been providing wafer processing services for over 35 years, offering individually tailored solutions using techniques such as polishing, CMP, cleaning, thinning, re-sizing and dicing silicon wafers and other substrates
- RoodMicrotec – Your Semiconductor Services Partner
Sponsorship Opportunity at MicroTech 2024
IMAPS-UK is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities for MicroTech 2024
The Sponsorship Package includes:
- One complete Exhibitor Package (see below)
- Place for one additional person with full access to the Conference
- Opening speaking slot (up to 5 minutes length)
- 1 full A4 advert in the Event Programme (PDF)
- Logo and links on all promotion documents and website
The Sponsorship Package is offered at £1200 (exc VAT) – Book Ticket Ref: MT24-06.
Exhibit at MicroTech 2024
Interested in attending MicroTech 2024 as an exhibitor?
The Exhibitor package offers:
- Place for one person with full access to the Conference
- A 200 word description in the Event Programme (PDF)
- A table top display with room behind for two pop-up banners
- Links to company on event promotion and website
- Short introduction to the delegates during the Conference
Five reasons to exhibit at MicroTech 2023:
- It’s “Where the Industry and Academia Meets”
- See multiple customers in one location
- Showcase products or services to micro-electronics packaging community
- Enhance your brand and raise your profile
- Discover new industry and business contacts
- IMAPS-UK Corporate Member Exhibitor: £385 – Book Ticket MT24-04
- Non Member Exhibitor: £585 – Book Ticket MT24-05
Prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
Travel Fund for PhD and Undergraduate Students – Open for Application
The MicroTech 2024 organising team is pleased to announce that some funds are available to support economy rail travel and public transport costs for UK-based PhD and Undergraduate students attending the MicroTech 2024 Conference, subject to an eligible case being submitted by PhD and Undergraduate Supervisors. The Supervisor will need to e-mail the IMAPS-UK Office to confirm that their student does not have access to institutional funds to cover travel costs. Applications will be responded to as soon as possible.
Networking Dinner on Tuesday 9 April 2024 at Las Iguanas Restaurant, Cribbs Causeway Bristol
IMAPS-UK has organised a networking evening meal at the nearby Las Iguanas Restaurant, The Venue, Merlin Road, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7SR at 7:00p.m. Please join us for a three course meal for a set fee of £23 exc VAT (drinks not included) by booking Ticket MT24-08 below. The menu options are available Networking Dinner Menu. Those who have booked will be requested to pre-order food from the menu. Please let the IMAPS-UK Office know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Venue, Accommodation and Travel Information
Bristol Aerospace Museum
Bristol Aerospace Museum is located in the west of Bristol with close access to the M5 Motorway.
The following hotels are located near to the Bristol Aerospace Museum (<5 miles):
- The Village Hotel
- Double Tree Hilton Bristol North
- Mollies Motel
- Mercure Bristol North – The Grange Hotel
- Aztec Hotel
- Berwick Lodge
- Holiday Inn – Express, Filton
- Travelodge – Filton
- Travelodge – Cribbs Causeway
- Premier Inn – Filton
- Premier Inn – Cribbs Causeway
Information on car, rail and bus transport to Bristol Aerospace Museum is available to download HERE. Free car parking is available on site.
Please click on Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations and changes to event format for bookings.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: + 44 (0)7854 946 660
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials .
Paying by Credit/Debit Card - Click the Pay by Stripe button.
Payment for tickets to IMAPS-UK events is completed via the Stripe gateway
Date(s) - 10/04/2024
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Aerospace Bristol Museum